Crunchy maple-nut granolaBy Chatelaine
Make the most important meal of the day extra special with the world's best breakfast. Dress up paper bags with foraged festive boughs and decorative washi tape.
- 6 cups large-flake oats , (630 g)
- 2 cups chopped pecans or walnuts , (200 g)
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut , (90 g)
- 1 cup pepitas , (150 g)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup , (168 g)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries, cherries or raisins , (175 g)
- POSITION racks in top and bottom thirds of oven. Preheat to 325F. Line 2 large rimmed baking sheets with parchment.
- COMBINE oats with nuts, coconut and pepitas in a very large bowl. Sprinkle with cinnamon and salt. Stir oil with maple syrup and vanilla in a small bowl, then stir into granola until well coated. Divide mixture between prepared sheets and spread out evenly.
- BAKE in top and bottom thirds of oven, stirring every 12 min and switching sheets halfway through, until light brown and toasted, 30 to 35 min. Transfer to a rack and let stand until cool. Toss with dried fruit. Granola keeps well in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
Nutrition (per ¼ cup)
- 3 g,
- 14 g,
- 8 g,
- 2 g,
- 47 mg.