Grilled cheese crostini with dates and cambozolaBy Chatelaine
These mini grilled cheese crostinis are the perfect appetizer size, and with the combination of cambozola and dates, they're elegant enough for any party.
- 1/3 cup butter , divided
- 1 cup finely chopped, pitted Medjool dates
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 baguette , sliced into 48 1/8-in. slices
- 1 tbsp chopped thyme
- 200 g cambozola , thinly sliced into 24 pieces
- MELT 2 tbsp butter in a small saucepan over medium. Add dates, water and honey. Cook until dates are soft and mixture is thick, 8 to 10 min.
- SPREAD date mixture over half of baguette slices. Sprinkle with thyme. Top each with cambozola. Season with fresh pepper. Sandwich with remaining baguette slices. Microwave remaining 1/4 cup butter in a small bowl until melted, 1 min. Brush on both sides of each sandwich.
- HEAT an extra-large non-stick frying pan over medium. Working in batches, cook crostini until bread is golden, 1 to 2 min per side.
On grating cheese:
[brightcove id=’2560129253001′ width=’640′ height=’360′]
Nutrition (per serving)
- 3 g,
- 13 g,
- 6 g,
- 1 g,
- 218 mg.