Beef and blue cheese brochettesBy Chatelaine
This tantalizing party-starter is easy to prepare, a snap to serve, and oh, so impressive!
- 32 mini skewers
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2-Jan large red, green and yellow bell peppers , cut into 32 pieces
- 340 g beef sirloin , cut into 3/4-in. cubes
- 90 g Canadian blue cheese , sliced or crumbled
- SOAK mini-skewers in warm water 10 min. Line a large baking sheet with parchment.
- CUT pepper halves into 32 pieces.
- COMBINE parsley with oil, vinegar and salt in a large resealable bag. Add peppers and beef cubes to parsley mixture. Squeeze out as much air as possible from bag, and then reseal. Massage bag to coat vegetables and meat. Let stand at room temperature at least 30 min., or refrigerate overnight.
- PREHEAT oven to 450°F. Thread each skewer with a pepper square and a beef cube. Season with fresh pepper.
- ARRANGE brochettes on a prepared sheet. Bake in centre of oven 3 min. Flip brochettes and top with cheese. Continue baking until medium-rare, 2 to 3 more min. Serve warm.