1 1/3 Cups
With juicy tomatoes, creamy burrata cheese and garden-fresh pesto, this salad is nothing short of summer on a fork.
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves
- 4 cups packed basil leaves , about 2 small bunches
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts , optional
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice , about 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- multi coloured tomatoes
- 4 ripe beefsteak of heirloom tomatoes , cored and wedged
- 227 g burrata mozzarella
- pesto , recipe above
- sea salt
- DROP 2 garlic cloves through the spout of a food processor (or blender) while it’s running. If you like garlic, use another clove. Add basil, pine nuts, cheese, lemon juice and salt. Whirl until finely chopped. With motor running, gradually add oils. If using a blender, slowly add oils, stopping after every 2 tbsp to scrape down sides with a spatula.
- FOR SALAD: toss tomatoes with fresh mozzarella. Drizzle with pesto, season with pepper and sea salt and serve with crostini or baguette.
Pesto will keep well, covered and refrigerated, up to 1 week. Or freeze it in ice cube trays and store the frozen cubes in a resealable freezer bag for up to 3 months.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 1 g,
- 1 g,
- 9 g,
- 51 mg.