Charcut's buttery soft pretzel sticks
1 h 45 min
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp quick-rise instant yeast
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter , melted
- Dijon mustard
- Stir flour with yeast, 1/4 tsp salt and sugar in the bowl of an electric stand mixer with paddle attachment, until combined. Add 3/4 cup lukewarm water and beat on medium speed until mixed, about 5 min. Remove dough from paddle and bowl. Lightly spray bowl with oil and return dough. Cover with a damp kitchen towel (not terry cloth) and let rise at room temperature until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Divide dough into 6 equal portions on a lightly floured counter. Cover with kitchen towel and let sit for 20 more min.
- Preheat oven to 475F. Lightly spray a baking sheet with oil. Roll each portion of dough into a 10-in. baguette-style stick. Lay crosswise on prepared sheet. Stir baking soda with 1/4 cup hot water. Generously brush dough with mixture, then sprinkle with remaining 1/2 tsp salt.
- Bake in centre of oven until golden, 8 to 10 min. Remove from oven and immediately brush with butter.
- Serve with mustard and Smoked Flatiron Steak.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 4 g,
- 6 g,
- 9 g,
- 518 mg.