Lime and hot peppers make this salsa an irresistible salad as well as a steak or burger topper. Or spoon over mixed greens as a salad dressing
Black bean 'n' pepper salsa
This article has not been rated yet.
1 .25 L
- 2 cups cooked black beans , or 540-mL can black beans, drained
- 2 stalks celery , coarsely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper , coarsely chopped
- 1/2 unpeeled English cucumber , diced
- 4 green onions , sliced
- 1 to 2 hot banana peppers or jalapenos , seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- Place drained beans in a large bowl. Prepare vegetables and add to beans. Stir oil with lime juice, salt, pepper and cayenne for a spicy taste.
- Pour over bean mixture. Gently mix to avoid crushing beans. Taste and add more lime juice, if you like. Let sit at room temperature for at least 1 hour before serving. Covered, salsa can be stored for up to 2 days in the refrigerator.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 1.7 g,
- 5.6 g,
- 1.5 g,