A hearty British-inspired dish that’s simple, yet satisfying. Cooking the filling first saves time. Then add mashed potatoes and broil until golden.
Lemony fish pie for dinner tonight
- 2 large potatoes , about 500g, peeled and diced
- 500 g tilapia , cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 3/4 cup 35% cream
- 1 tbsp dried dill
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- Preheat broiler. Spray a 2-L casserole dish with oil. Boil potatoes in a medium saucepan until tender, about 10 min.
- Toss fish with flour and salt in a small bowl. Heat a medium non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Add oil, then fish. Cook 2 min, then add frozen vegetables, 1/2 cup cream and dill. Cook until thickened, about 2 more min. Stir in lemon zest and juice. Transfer to prepared dish.
- Drain potatoes. Mash with remaining cream and garlic salt. Spread over fish mixture. Broil until golden, about 5 min.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 31 g,
- 36 g,
- 21 g,
- 4 g,
- 407 mg.
FISH & HERBS | CITRUSY WHITE BLEND
Refreshingly dry, this South African blend of chenin blanc and chardonnay balances crisp citrus with mild herbs. It perfectly matches the piquant flavours of Lemony Fish Pie, while its bracing acidity cleanses the palate.
KWV Chenin Blanc Chardonnay, South Africa, $8.