Trout provençale en papilloteBy Chatelaine
What could be easier and more delicious than trout, zucchini and tomatoes in a parchment packet? And it comes with less than 300 calories!
- 4 rainbow trout fillets , each about 125 g
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp herbes de Provence
- 2 small zucchini , sliced
- 12 niçoise olives , pitted
- 1/4 pint grape tomatoes , halved
- 4 tsp butter , cubed
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- PREHEAT oven to 400F. Lay 4 12×12-in. sheets of parchment on the counter. Lay a fish fillet in the middle of each piece of parchment. Season with salt, 1 tsp of herbes de Provence and fresh pepper. Divide zucchini, olives, tomatoes and butter evenly among packets. Sprinkle with remaining herbes de Provence. Drizzle with wine.
- FOLD parchment in half over the fish. Double-fold around edges tightly in a half-moon shape, crimping packets well so steam doesn’t escape. Arrange packets on a baking sheet. Bake 15 to 17 min.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 27 g,
- 4 g,
- 14 g,
- 2 g,
- 327 mg.
Roasted trout and veggies. Pair it with: A splendid B.C. rosé.
A pretty wine from the Okanagan, it features crisp, mouth-watering red-berry flavours that work perfectly beside the bright tomato and zucchini components of this fish dish. Serve well chilled.
Our pick: Mission Hill Five Vineyards Rosé, British Columbia, $16.