Provencal pan salmonBy Chatelaine
Baked to perfection, this weeknight dinner (and one-pan wonder) makes healthy eating fresh, colourful and effortless.
- 2 zucchinis , cut into 1/2-in. rounds
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 500 g baby potatoes , halved
- 1/4 cup black olives , pitted
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 1/2 tsp herbes de Provence , divided
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 500 g salmon fillet
- fresh pepper
- 1 lemon , cut into wedges
- PREHEAT oven to 450F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment or foil. Toss zucchinis with 1 pint cherry tomatoes, baby potatoes, black olives, olive oil, 1 tbsp herbes de Provence and 1/4 tsp salt on prepared sheet. Bake in centre of oven for 15 min.
- PAT a salmon fillet dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp herbes de Provence and 1/4 tsp salt. Season with fresh pepper. Remove baking sheet from oven. Stir vegetables and move to edges of sheet. Lay fish in centre. Continue baking until a knife tip inserted into thickest part of fish and held for 10 sec comes out warm, about 8 to 10 more min. Serve with lemon wedges.
Chatelaine Quickies: Provencal pan salmon
Nutrition (per serving)
- 26 g,
- 30 g,
- 20 g,
- 5 g,
- 438 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin C
Herbed roasted salmon
Pair it with: A tasty red.
In the mouth this unoaked old-vine wine exhibits pleasingly soft tannins and ripe fruit. Its intense bouquet of earthy, dark berries, roasted cocoa and Mediterranean herbs is a perfect match for rich, oven-roasted fish.
Our pick: Castillo de Monséran Garnacha, Spain, $10.