This also works well with salmon.
Grilled fish with corn and peppersBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
Grilled fish gets a post-cooking marinade treatment in a technique known as ‘escabeche.'
- 2 limes
- 1/4 cup olive oil , divided
- 1/2 cup jalapeño , pickled
- 2 tbsp jalapeño brine
- 1 large shallot , thinly sliced in rounds
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp salt , divided
- 4 ears corn on the cob
- 2 red peppers
- 4 150 g rainbow trout fillets , skin-on, patted dry
1. Preheat barbecue to medium-high. Zest and juice 1 & 1/2 limes. Cut remaining lime into wedges. Reserve 1 tsp oil, then stir remaining oil with jalapeños, brine, 2tbsp lime juice, shallot, allspice and tsp salt in a 9 x 13-in. baking dish. Set aside.
2. Oil grill. Cook corn and red peppers, lid closed, turning occasionally, until tender and charred, 11 to 12 min for corn and 15 min for peppers. Set aside until cool enough to handle, 5 min.
3. Brush fish with reserved 1 tsp oil, then sprinkle with remaining tsp salt. Season with pepper. Cook, skin-side down, lid closed, until almost opaque, 5to 6min. Flip and cook until cooked through, 1to 2min. Transfer, flesh-side down, to lime dressing in baking dish.
4. Pull off and discard charred skin from red peppers. Discard seeds, then dice. Cut corn from cob. Place red peppers and corn in a medium bowl. Transfer sh, skin-side up, to plates, then stir remaining dressing into corn mixture. Serve fish with corn mixture and lime wedges.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 33 g,
- 40 g,
- 23 g,
- 5 g,
- 609 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin A