Apricot-pistachio salmonBy Chatelaine
For those nights you're craving sweet and savoury, opt for these baked salmon fillets with golden florets of roasted cauliflower.
- 1 medium cauliflower , cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 4 salmon fillets , about 180 g each
- fresh pepper
- 4 tsp apricot jam
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped pistachios
- PREHEAT oven to 400F. Line 2 baking sheets with foil. Toss cauliflower with olive oil, coriander, cumin, cardamom and 1/4 tsp salt on 1 prepared sheet. Spread in a single layer (it’s okay if they touch). Bake in bottom third of oven until edges are golden, stirring halfway through, about 30 min.
- ARRANGE salmon fillets, skin-side down, on second prepared sheet. Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp salt. Season with fresh pepper. Brush apricot jam over tops of salmon. Sprinkle pistachios over salmon, pressing gently so they stick. Bake in top third of oven until a knife tip inserted into thickest part of fish comes out warm, 14 to 16 min.
Nutrition (per fillet)
- 32 g,
- 13 g,
- 27 g,
- 5 g,
- 530 mg.
- Good source of
- Vitamin C
Pair it with: A lively chardonnay.
A simple yet fulfilling unoaked chardonnay serves as the perfect accompaniment to this fish dish. Expect a medium-bodied glassful of irresistible green apples, zesty lemon rind and subtle spice notes.
Our pick: Louis Jadot Mâcon Villages, France, $18.