Serve with our delicious carrot and radish slaw on the side.
Vegetarian clubhouse sandwichBy Chatelaine
This delicious clubhouse sandwich has enough going on (cream cheese, walnuts, avocado) to make it a satisfying dinner. Serve with carrot & radish slaw.
- 125 g cream cheese , at room temperature
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 2 tbsp chopped pimento olives
- 6 slices whole-wheat or multi-grain bread , toasted
- 1 small jalapeño , seeded and sliced
- 6 leaves iceberg lettuce , torn
- 1 avocado , sliced
- 1 large tomato , sliced
- STIR cream cheese with walnuts and olives in a small bowl. Spread cheese mixture on each slice of bread.
- LAYER jalapeno and lettuce on 2 slices of bread. Top another 2 slices with avocado, tomato and more lettuce and lay over jalapeno slices. Sandwich with remaining 2 slices.
- SLICE sandwiches in quarters (each person gets 2 quarters).
Nutrition (per serving)
- 10 g,
- 34 g,
- 26 g,
- 9 g,
- 466 mg.