Turkey and prosciutto panini with sageBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard , divided
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup olive oil
- 8 slices crusty Italian bread , 1/2-in. thick
- 1 cup arugula
- 500 g leftover roast turkey , cut into 16 slices
- 12 slices prosciutto
- 12 sage leaves , torn
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- WRAP a damp kitchen towel around the base of a large bowl (to prevent it from slipping). Combine egg yolk, lemon juice, 1/2 tsp Dijon and salt in bowl. Whisk until frothy, about 30 sec. Gradually drizzle in 1 cup olive oil, continuing to whisk. Whisk until mixture thickens to a spreadable consistency, 1 to 2 min. You should have 1 cup mayo. Measure out 1/2 cup and refrigerate up to 3 days for another use. Stir remaining 2 tsp Dijon into remaining 1/2 cup mayo.
- SPREAD each bread slice with mayo mixture. Divide arugula among 4 bread slices. Top each with 4 turkey slices, 3 prosciutto slices and 3 sage leaves. Top with remaining bread. Brush both sides of sandwiches with 2 tbsp olive oil.
- PREHEAT grill pan or panini press over medium-high. Lay 2 sandwiches on grill pan. Press down with the bottom of another pan until grill marks appear, 1 min. Flip and continue grilling, 1 more min. Repeat with remaining sandwiches. Serve warm.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 60 g,
- 52 g,
- 50 g,
- 5 g,
- 1791 mg.
- Excellent source of
- Vitamin B6