On muggy days when appetites wilt, offer up grilled chicken sandwiches. Ours take only 20 minutes from start to finish. Top with sliced mangoes, tomatoes and cucumbers.
Honey-garlic chicken sandwiches
This article has not been rated yet.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate , defrosted by undiluted
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 large garlic clove , crushed
- 4 multigrain rolls , or crusty buns
- 1 arugula , or radiccio (optional)
- Oil grill and preheat barbecue. Lay chicken breasts on a piece of waxed paper. With the bottom of your fist, gently pound, flattening slightly. In a small bowl, stir orange-juice concentrate with soy, honey, lemon pepper and garlic.
- Place chicken on preheated grill. Brushing often with orange mixture, barbecue until glazed, golden and springy to the touch, about 5 to 8 minutes per side. Meanwhile, slice buns and line with several pieces of arugula. Remove chicken to a cutting board and slice each breast, diagonally, into 3 or 4 pieces. Place in arugula-lined rolls.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 26.6 g,
- 41.5 g,
- 3 g,