During the summer months, we'll fire up the grill for just about anything! Tonight we take on the BLT, with a zesty aioli drizzled overtop.
- 4 wooden skewers
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 12 slices bacon
- 4 demi baguettes , each cut in half horizontally
- 1 heart romaine lettuce
FOR BLT DRESSING
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- SOAK skewers in warm water for 10 min. Preheat barbecue to medium. Thread 4 to 5 tomatoes onto each skewer.
- OIL grill, then barbecue tomato skewers and bacon, uncovered, until bacon is crisp and grill marks appear on tomatoes, 5 min per side. Toast baguettes cut-side down for 1 min. Transfer bread to a platter.
- SPREAD BLT dressing generously over cut sides of bread. Line each bottom half with a romaine leaf, then layer with 3 strips of bacon and 1 skewer of tomatoes. Press top halves of bread over tomatoes and remove skewers. Drizzle with more BLT Dressing.
- To make BLT dressing: Stir mayo with lemon juice, garlic and salt in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Serve on Gourmet BLT.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 13 g,
- 31 g,
- 10 g,
- 4 g,
- 752 mg.
SMOKY BACON | SUBTLE CAB
This well-priced cabernet sauvignon isn’t too intense or heavy. Instead, it offers enough rich plum and currant notes to match the smoky bacon and garlic of our Gourmet BLT. Be sure to decant, aerate or open the bottle a few hours before enjoying it to heighten its aroma.
Carmen Reserva Cabernet Sauvignon, Chile, $14.