Barbecued chicken fajitas
This article has not been rated yet.
* PLUS Barbecuing Time: 15 minutes
, or 8 skinless boneless chicken thighs
, preferably different colours
red or Spanish
, seeded and finely chopped
4 large or 8 to 12 small
- Oil grill and preheat barbecue to high. Trim any fat from chicken and discard.
- Seed sweet peppers and cut into quarters or halves. Peel onion, then cut into 1-inch (2.5-cm) slices. Stir oil with chili powder, garlic salt and cayenne. Lightly brush over chicken, sweet peppers and onion. Place on preheated oiled grill. Turn down to medium or if your barbecue gets very hot, to medium-low. Cover with a lid or foil tent.
- Check meat after 3 minutes. If browning quickly, reduce heat. Turning vegetables often, grill until chicken is golden and feels springy, turning once, and vegetables are lightly grilled, another 12 to 18 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir sour cream with jalapeño peppers. As vegetables are done, remove to a cutting board. Slice peppers, onion and chicken into strips. Warm tortillas on grill about 30 seconds per side. Place grilled chicken and vegetables in centre of tortillas, add a dollop of sour cream mixture and roll up.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 35.7 g,
- 49.9 g,
- 14.2 g,
- 4.8 g,