Winter Waldorf SaladBy Chatelaine
Packed with roasted fruits and nuts, this refreshing salad is bursting with flavour.
- 4 celery stalks , cut in 2-in.-long pieces
- 3 cups seedless red grapes
- 1 large gala apple , cut in 1-in. wedges
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chives
- 1/4 cup finely chopped tarragon , (optional)
- 1 142-g pkg baby kale
- 4 small cooked chicken breasts , cubed
- 1/2 cup walnuts , or pecan halves, toasted
- 1/2 cup celery leaves , (optional)
- Position rack in centre of oven and preheat broiler. Toss celery, grapes and apple on a large baking sheet with oil. Season with pepper. Spread across sheet in a single layer. Roast until apple is just starting to brown, 8 to 10 min. Set aside and let mixture cool for 5 min.
- Meanwhile, whisk mayonnaise with vinegar and Dijon in a small bowl. Whisk in chives and tarragon. Season with pepper.
- Arrange kale, celery, grapes and apple on a serving platter. Top with chicken. Drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with walnuts and celery leaves.