Superfood salad with creamy cashew dressingBy Chatelaine
From kale to cashews, this salad is packed with our favourite superfoods.
- 2/3 cup raw cashews
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3/4 tsp honey , optional
- 1/2 tsp salt
- fresh pepper
- 1 bunch kale , thinly sliced, about 8 cups
- 1/4 cup chickpeas , drained and rinsed
- 1 cup grated butternut squash , or carrot
- 2 gala apples , finely chopped, about 3 cups
- 1 avocado , finely chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- SOAK cashews in water, covered, overnight. Pour cashews and liquid into a blender along with lemon juice, Dijon mustard, honey, and salt. Season with fresh pepper. Whirl until very smooth. It should measure about 1 1/3 cups.
- COVER kale with hot water in a large bowl for at least 1 min. Drain and squeeze kale dry. Return to bowl. Add chickpeas, butternut squash or carrot, apples, avocado, dried cherries, sliced almonds and pepitas. Drizzle with cashew dressing. Toss to coat.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 11 g,
- 47 g,
- 15 g,
- 8 g,
- 395 mg.