Steak and Potato Salad with Horseradish DressingBy Chatelaine
Get your greens in with a generous helping of roasted vegetables and a pan-seared steak.
- 400 g baby potatoes , halved
- 400 g finger or mini sweet potatoes , cut in 3/4-in. rounds
- 1 red onion , cut in 1-in. wedges
- 3 tbsp canola oil , divided
- 3/4 tsp salt , divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp prepared horseradish
- 2 tbsp chopped dill
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 1-in.-thick beef strip loin steaks , (300 g each), at room temperature
- 1 142-g pkg baby spinach
- Position rack in centre of oven and preheat to 450F.
- Toss potatoes, sweet potatoes and onion with 2 tbsp oil and 1/4 tsp salt on a baking sheet. Spread in a single layer.
- Bake, flipping vegetables halfway, until golden and tender, 20 to 25 min.
- Meanwhile, stir sour cream with vinegar, horseradish, dill and parsley in a medium bowl. Season with pepper.
- Sprinkle remaining 1⁄2 tsp salt over steaks. Season with pepper. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over high. Add remaining 1 tbsp oil, then steaks. Reduce heat to medium. Cook 3 to 4 min per side for medium-rare. Transfer steaks to plates and let rest, covered, for 5 min.
- Arrange spinach on a platter. Top with potatoes, sweet potatoes and onion. Thinly slice steak and arrange on salad. Drizzle with dressing.