Steak & garden fresh salad
This article has not been rated yet.
3 to 4 servings
- 500 g sirloin or strip-loin steak , about 3/4-in. thick
- 1 large head romaine lettuce , or 6 cups mixed torn salad greens
- 1 red bell pepper , seeded
- 1 ripe but firm pear , cored
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red-wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves , crushed
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Oil grill and preheat barbecue. Trim excess fat from steak to prevent flare-ups and nick edges to prevent curling.
- Wash lettuce and spin or pat dry. Tear or cut lettuce into bite-size pieces and place in a large bowl. Then, cut pepper and pear into thin slices and add to lettuce.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk oil with vinegar, garlic, Dijon, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Grill steak until done as you like, about 8 minutes per side for medium-rare. Thinly slice steak.
- Toss dressing with salad. Immediately add warm steak slices and toss until well mixed. Serve salad right away.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 24.8 g,
- 13.2 g,
- 19.7 g,