Steak and Arugula Salad with Warm Tomato DressingBy Chatelaine
With garlicky Dijon dressing and a base of crunchy arugula, this steak salad checks all the flavour boxes.
- 1 1-in. thick beef flank steak , (about 500 g), at room temperature
- 6 tbsp olive oil , divided
- 1 tsp salt , divided
- 1/2 tsp pepper , divided
- 1 medium sweet onion , thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 3 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 283-g pkg multicoloured cherry tomatoes
- 2 tsp grainy Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 142-g pkg baby arugula
- Position rack in centre of oven and preheat to 250F. Rub each side of steak with 1 tbsp oil, and then 1⁄2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper, and place on a rack on a baking sheet.
- Roast until rare or until internal temperature reaches 110F, about 20 min. Remove from oven.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large frying pan over high. Sear steak until dark-brown, 1 to 2 min per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add 1 tbsp oil and onion to pan. Cook until onion is softened, about 3 min. Stir in garlic, vinegar and tomatoes. Cook until tomatoes burst, 2 to 3 min.
- Whisk remaining 2 tbsp oil, remaining juices from steak plate, Dijon and oregano in a large bowl. Toss in tomato mixture and arugula to coat. Divide salad among plates and top with thinly sliced steak.