Smoked Trout Salad with HorseradishBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
Creamy horseradish dressing gives this comforting trout and potato salad a tangy twist.
- 8 mini potatoes
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tbsp prepared horseradish
- 1 tsp poppy seeds , (optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 6 cups coarsely torn watercress
- 1/2 fennel bulb , thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup dill fronds
- 1/4 cup chopped chives , cut into 1-in. pieces
- 300 g hot-smoked trout
- 3 radishes , thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pickled red onions
- Cover potatoes with water in a small pot set over medium-high. Boil until just fork-tender, 8 to 10 min. Drain and let stand until cool enough to handle. Cut in half.
- Whisk sour cream with lemon juice, mayo, horseradish, poppy seeds, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Combine watercress, fennel, parsley, dill, chives and potatoes in a large bowl. Drizzle with half of the dressing, tossing well to coat. Arrange salad mixture on a large platter. Top with large pieces of trout, radishes and pickled onions. Drizzle with remaining dressing. Season with pepper.