Shaved Fennel And Pear Salad With Roasted Chicken BreastBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
Looking for a way to elevate your roasted chicken? Try it with fennel, pear, crumbled goat cheese and fresh figs.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts , about 180 g each
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil , divided
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp grainy mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 fennel bulb
- 2 pears , halved, cored and thinly sliced
- 4 fresh figs , quartered
- 1/2 113-g log goat cheese , crumbled
- Position rack in centre of oven, then preheat to 375F.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt. Season with pepper. Heat a medium oven-safe frying pan over medium-high. Add 1 tbsp oil, then chicken. Cook until bottoms are browned, 5 to 7 min. Flip chicken, then transfer pan to oven. Roast until chicken is cooked through, 15 to 20 min. Let stand 5 min before slicing.
- Meanwhile, whisk remaining 2 tbsp oil with vinegar, mustard and honey in a large bowl. Season with pepper.
- Trim green fronds from fennel and reserve. Remove and discard core, then very thinly slice. Add to bowl along with pears, then toss to coat. Divide among 4 plates, then top each with figs, goat cheese, sliced chicken and fennel fronds.
If you have a mandolin, use it to shave the fennel.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 45 g,
- 29 g,
- 18 g,
- 7 g,
- 500 mg.