Roasted Cabbage with Pork Larb SaladBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
Who needs lettuce? This hearty cabbage salad with sweet and spicy pork will keep you satisfied.
- 2 tbsp + 1 tsp canola oil , divided
- 1 head green cabbage , (1 to 1.25 kg), cut in 8 wedges keeping core intact
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 454-g pkgs ground pork
- 1 small red onion , finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp chili-garlic sauce
- 4 tsp packed brown sugar
- 3 cups coarsely chopped cilantro , leaves and stems
- 1 cup coarsely chopped mint
- 4 mini cucumbers , cut into thin rounds
- 1 red chili pepper , thinly sliced (optional)
- lime wedges , (optional)
- Position rack in centre of oven and preheat to 425F.
- Rub 2 tbsp oil and salt all over cabbage wedges on a baking sheet. Arrange cut-side down. Season with pepper. Roast until tender and edges are golden, 20 to 25 min.
- Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Add remaining 1 tsp oil, and then pork and onion. Cook, stirring often, until no pink remains and mixture is dry, 7 to 10 min. Stir in fish sauce, lime juice, chilli-garlic sauce and sugar. Cook for 1 min.
- Divide hot cabbage wedges among 4 plates. Top with pork larb and sprinkle with cilantro, mint, cucumbers and chili pepper. Serve with lime wedges to squeeze over salad.