Rainbow Chard and Chicken SaladBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
Take advantage of ultra fresh, in-season chard in its most tender form with this light and simple chicken salad
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 4 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp anchovy paste
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp butter or olive oil
- 1 tsp anchovy paste , (optional)
- 1 small bunch rainbow swiss chard , leaves and stem chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes , halved
- 4 radishes , thinly, sliced
- Dressing: Whisk oil with vinegar, maple syrup, Dijon and 2 tsp anchovy paste in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Salad: Sprinkle chicken with salt. Season with pepper.
- Melt butter in a large frying pan over medium-high. Add chicken. Cook for 3 min. Flip chicken, then reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook until no longer pink in the centre, about 4 min more.
- Add 1 tsp anchovy paste to pan. Stir until melted into butter. Spoon over chicken to coat well.
- Arrange chard, tomatoes and radishes on a platter. Slice chicken and arrange on salad. Drizzle dressing overtop.