Leftover chicken does double duty in a wink with this fast, fresh meal in a bowl. (Or pick up a barbecued chicken at the deli.)
Mango and chicken salad
This article has not been rated yet.
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1 ripe mango
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2-Jan English cucumber
- 1 green onion
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 3 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp rice-wine or white vinegar
- 1 tbsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 large garlic cloves , minced
- Shred chicken. Peel mango. Slice mango away from stone, then slice mango and pepper into thin bite-size strips. Slice unpeeled cucumber in half lengthwise. Using a small spoon, scrape out and discard seeds. Thinly slice cucumber and onion.
- Place chicken, mango, pepper, cucumber and onion in a big bowl along with spinach. In a small bowl, whisk teriyaki with oil, vinegar, ginger and garlic. Just before serving, pour over chicken salad, then toss until coated and mixed.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 47 g,
- 60 g,
- 23 g,
- 4 g,