Leafy Greens With Avocado Ranch DressingBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
Avocado adds richness to this herby buttermilk dressing and makes a simple salad of mixed greens shine. Any extra dressing will keep well in the fridge for several days.—Eshun Mott
- 2 heads little gem lettuce
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 1 bunch watercress , tough stems discarded
- 1/2 small ripe avocado
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove , chopped
- pinch sugar
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 tbsp chopped dill
- salt and pepper , to taste
- Gently separate lettuce leaves and rinse greens. Shake or spin dry and lay out on a large kitchen towel. Roll up the towel and place in the fridge until serving.
- Combine avocado, buttermilk, vinegar, garlic and sugar in a blender and process until smooth. Thin with a little water, if needed, to reach a pourable consistency (up to a maximum of 2 tbsp water). Transfer to a jar and stir in chives and dill. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until serving.
- When ready to serve, pile a layer of mixed greens on a platter (tearing up large leaves into pieces as you go), and use a spoon to drizzle dressing over top. Repeat until all greens have been used up. Serve any extra dressing alongside or reserve for another use.