Greek Chicken SaladBy Chatelaine
We levelled up this meal-in-a-bowl salad with hearty chicken, then an ultra-fresh vinaigrette, and added cherry tomatoes, feta, olives and mini cucumbers.
- 600 g skinless, boneless chicken breasts , cut into 3/4-in. cubes
- 4 garlic cloves , minced, divided
- 3 tbsp chopped dill , divided
- 2 1/2 tbsp chopped oregano , divided
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tbsp olive oil , divided
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 heads romaine , lettuce chopped
- 2 mini cucumbers , cut into 1/2-in. rounds
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives , pitted and halved (optional)
- 1 shallot , thinly sliced (optional)
- Stir chicken with 3 minced garlic cloves, 2 tbsp dill, 2 tbsp oregano, 2 tbsp oil, lemon zest and ½ tsp salt in a large bowl until coated. Season with pepper. Set aside at room temperature for 10 min.
- Meanwhile, whisk remaining minced garlic with lemon juice, Dijon and remaining ⅓ cup oil, 1 tbsp dill, ½ tbsp oregano and ½ tsp salt in a large bowl until combined. Set aside.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Add chicken. Cook, stirring occasionally, until golden-brown and chicken is cooked through, 5 to 7 min.
- Add romaine, cucumbers and tomatoes to dressing. Toss to coat. Divide among 4 plates. Top with chicken, feta, olives and shallot.