Fig and Radicchio SaladBy Chatelaine
This fresh and fruity salad features fig, pomegranate and toasted hazelnuts — a fall fantasy.
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 8 cups mixed greens , such as radicchio and red and green leaf lettuce
- 6 fresh figs , quartered
- 250 g ball fresh mozzarella , torn into small pieces
- 1/2 cup toasted, chopped hazelnuts , (see Kitchen tip)
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup small basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp flaked sea salt , (optional)
- Dressing: Whisk vinegar, oil, honey and Dijon in a small bowl. Season with pepper.
- Salad: Arrange greens on a platter. Top with figs and mozzarella. Sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts and pomegranate seeds.
- Just before serving, drizzle salad with dressing, then sprinkle with basil and salt.
Toast hazelnuts in a 400F oven for 5 min. Then transfer to a tea towel. Rub until most of the skins flake off nuts.