Colourburst Citrus Chicken SaladBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
Orange slices, beets and radishes give this salad a zesty kick.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 142-g pkg baby arugula
- 4 small cooked chicken breasts , sliced
- 2 oranges , peeled and sliced in thin rounds
- 2 radishes , thinly sliced
- 2 shallots , thinly sliced
- 1 raw beet , thinly sliced
- 1 large ripe avocado , pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup pepitas , toasted
- Dressing: Whisk oil with lemon juice, Dijon and sugar in a medium bowl. Season with pepper.
- Salad: Arrange arugula on a platter. Scatter chicken, oranges, radishes, shallots, beet and avocado over arugula. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with pepitas.
If you have a mandoline, use it to safely and quickly slice your beet, radishes and shallots. (If you want to use multicoloured beets, use 2 small ones.) Otherwise, carefully slice them as thinly as you can with a sharp knife.
Use different varieties of in-season oranges, such as navel, cara cara or blood oranges, to make an even more colourful salad.