Warm chicken salad with roasted grapes and chèvreBy Chatelaine
For dinner tonight, serve a robust fall salad brimming with flavour. Roasted grapes, onions and chicken meet creamy goat's cheese, adding a gourmet feel to your weeknight meal.
- 1 large red onion , thinly sliced
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- fresh pepper
- 3 cups seedless grapes
- 2 tbsp red-wine vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 head romaine , chopped
- 130-g log goat cheese , crumbled
- POSITION racks in top and bottom thirds of oven. Preheat to 375F. Arrange red onion and chicken thighs on a baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tbsp canola oil and toss to coat. Sprinkle with salt. Season with fresh pepper. Scatter grapes on another baking sheet.
- ROAST in top and bottom thirds of oven, switching sheets halfway through, until onion is soft and chicken is cooked through, about 30 min. Transfer chicken to a cutting board and let cool slightly, about 5 min. Using 2 forks, shred chicken. It should measure about 2 1/2 cups.
- WHISK 2 tbsp canola oil with white-wine vinegar and honey in a large bowl. Add romaine lettuce and toss to coat. Transfer to a platter. Top with onion, chicken, grapes and goat cheese. Season with fresh pepper.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 34 g,
- 34 g,
- 24 g,
- 5 g,
- 388 mg.
- Excellent source of