Chicken, Pear and Roasted Parsnip SaladBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
Combine fresh pear with sharp gorgonzola cheese for a plate of sweet and salty goodness.
- 4 parsnips , (about 500 g), cut diagonally in 1/2-in.-thick slices
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small head radicchio , roughly torn
- 4 cups spring mix
- 4 small cooked chicken breasts , shredded
- 1 large pear , thinly sliced
- 1 cup walnut halves , toasted
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola
- 1/3 cup sherry vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp thyme leaves
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Salad: Position rack in centre of oven and preheat to 400F. Toss parsnips with 1 tbsp oil on a baking sheet. Roast until tender-crisp, 20 to 25 min.
- Arrange radicchio and spring mix on a platter. Top with shredded chicken. Scatter parsnips, pear, walnuts and gorgonzola overtop.
- Dressing: Whisk vinegar with 1/4 cup oil, honey, thyme, Dijon and salt in a small bowl. Drizzle over salad just before serving.
We used a red-skinned pear in this recipe, but feel free to substitute any variety you like.