For ultimate satisfaction, nothing quite matches roast beef. Try a strip loin roast in place of the high-ticketed prime rib, and it will cook up in under an hour.
Quick Roast with Garlicky Cherry Tomatoes
This article has not been rated yet.
3 to 4 servings
- 1 kg inside round, strip loin or top sirloin beef roast
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves , chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 pinch salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Bring roast to room temperature. Preheat oven to 325F (160C). Place meat in a roasting or broiler pan. Stir Dijon with thyme and ground pepper and spread evenly all over meat. Then roast, uncovered, in centre of preheated oven for 20 min.
- Meanwhile, place tomatoes and garlic in a bowl. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Toss to coat. After meat has roasted 20 min, scatter tomatoes around beef. Continue roasting until an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of meat reads 140F (60C) for medium-rare, 40 to 45 more min.
- Remove beef to a cutting board. Cover with foil and let sit 10 min before slicing. Drizzle tomatoes with vinegar and stir to coat. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with roast or mix with Warm Niçoise Potatoes with Capers.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 52 g,
- 6 g,
- 16 g,
- 2 g,
- 198 mg.