* PLUS Refrigeration Time: 360 minutes
Juicy berries are layered with liqueur-soaked biscuits and rich mascarpone is a heavenly marriage of our two favourite desserts. You don't even need to turn on the oven; just dip the ladyfingers, assemble the layers and you're done.
, about 3 cups
, about 1/14 cups
, or 1/4 cup honey
, or orange juice
large or 24 medium
, or Nutella
- Hull berries and thinly slice. Line bottom and sides of a 9 × 5-in. (2-L) loaf pan with 2 large overlapping pieces of plastic wrap. Let them hang over the sides of the pan.
- In a large bowl, stir mascarpone with sugar. In another bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream with vanilla until soft peaks form when beaters are lifted. Stir half into cheese mixture. Gently fold in remainder just until no streaks remain.
- If using liqueur, stir with ¼ cup (50 mL) orange juice in a shallow dish. If not, pour ½ cup (125 mL) juice into dish. Working with a third of the biscuits, dip flat side of each into juice mixture, then place, rounded-side down, on the bottom of loaf pan. Slide close together in a single layer, squeezing to fit. Spoon half of cheese mixture overtop and spread to cover. Arrange half of berries on top. Repeat layering with half of remaining biscuits, all remaining cheese mixture and berries, then a final layer of dipped biscuits, flat-side up. Cover with overhanging plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 6 hours, preferably overnight.
- To serve, peel plastic wrap from top of biscuits. Turn dessert out, upside down, onto a serving dish. Discard plastic. Drizzle top with chocolate sauce, using back of a spoon to spread over the top and down the sides. Cut into thick slices and serve with a garnish of fresh mint.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 5 g,
- 36 g,
- 24 g,
- 2 g,