Black forest gateau 'mess'By Chatelaine
Savour the season's balmy evenings by dining alfresco, and round out the evening with a decadent chocolate-cherry dessert, topped with clouds of whipped cream.
- 4 cups fresh sweet cherries , pitted and halved
- 1/2 cup amaretto
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 170-g pkg dark chocolate , chopped
- 1 1/2 cups 35% cream
- 24 chocolate wafers
- COMBINE cherries with amaretto and 1 tbsp icing sugar in a medium bowl. Let sit for 20 min, stirring occasionally.
- ADD chocolate to 1/2 cup cream in a small bowl. Microwave on medium until chocolate is almost melted, stirring halfway through, 2 min. Stir until completely melted.
- BEAT remaining cream and icing sugar in a medium bowl, with an electric mixer, until soft peaks form, about 2 min.
- ARRANGE 2 wafer thins on the bottom of 1 dish. Top with 1/4 cup cherry mixture, followed by 2 heaping tbsp of cream and 1 heaping tbsp of chocolate. Repeat layering, ending with cream. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Garnish with chocolate curls if desired. Refrigerate 20 min or up to 8 hours.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 4 g,
- 41 g,
- 28 g,
- 2 g,
- 140 mg.