- Stir flour with cocoa, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda in a medium bowl.
- Beat butter with brown sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high until fluffy, 2 to 3 min. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour mixture, just until combined. Gather into a ball. Divide dough in half. Roll each portion into a 10-in. log.
- Lay 2 large squares of wax paper on the counter. Spread 2 tbsp coarse sugar onto each piece of wax paper. Roll each log in sugar, pressing gently so sugar sticks and covers log. Roll log in wax paper and twist ends. Chill until firm, about 1 hour.
- Position racks in top and bottom thirds of oven. Preheat to 350F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment. Slice logs into 1/4-in.-thick rounds and arrange 1 in. apart on prepared sheets.
- Bake in top and bottom thirds of oven, switching sheets halfway through, until cookie edges are firm, 8 to 10 min. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely. Cookies will keep well stored in an airtight container at room temperature, up to 5 days. Make-ahead tip: Freeze wrapped logs of dough in a freezer bag for up to a month. Thaw dough in refrigerator overnight before using.
Protein 1 g
Carbohydrates 6 g
Fat 2 g
Sodium 8 mg
How to roll icebox cookies