Gluten-free carrot cupcakes
Made with brown-rice flour, walnuts and cinnamon, this is one delicious cupcake you can feel good about.
1 1/2 tsp
, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups
, about 2 medium carrots
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- Whisk flours with tapioca, xanthan gum, baking powder and soda, spices and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk eggs with sugar, oil and vanilla in a medium bowl. Stir into flour mixture, then fold in carrot, walnuts and coconut. Mixture will be thick. Spoon batter into prepared pan. Smooth tops.
- Bake in centre of oven until a cake tester inserted into centre of a cupcake comes out clean, about 25 min. Cool in pan on a rack for 10 min. Remove from pan and let cool completely on rack. Cupcakes will keep well, covered and refrigerated, up to 3 days.
- Finishing tip: Top these cupcakes with a cream-cheese icing. Use a hand mixer to beat half of a 250-g pkg room-temperature cream cheese with 1/4 cup room-temperature unsalted butter, 1 cup icing sugar and 2 tsp grated orange zest in a medium bowl until smooth. Pipe over cupcakes.
How to make perfectly shaped cupcakes
Nutrition (per serving)
- 4 g,
- 36 g,
- 13 g,
- 3 g,
- 273 mg.