* PLUS Baking Time: 25 minutes, Standing Time: 15 minutes
2 1/2 cups
1 1/2 tsp
- Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C). Lightly oil or spray two 12 cup muffin tins or a 12 cup muffin tin and a 9×5 inch loaf pan. Place flour in a large bowl. Using a fork, stir in wheat bran, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice until evenly mixed.
- In another large bowl, whisk eggs. Whisk in buttermilk, sugar, oil, molasses and vanilla. Pour over flour mixture. Stir just until mixed. Stir in cranberries and raisins to evenly distribute. Do not overmix.
- Fill 24 muffin cups right to rims. Or, if making 12 muffins and a loaf, fill muffin cups right to rims first, then turn remaining mixture into loaf pan.
- Bake in centre of preheated oven until a cake tester inserted into centre of a muffin comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Remove from oven. If also baking a loaf, leave in oven and reduce temperature to 350 F (180 C). Continue to back loaf until a cake tester inserted into centre comes out clean, 35-45 more minutes. If top of loaf browns before it’s done, cover loosely with foil. Cool on a wire rack, 15 minutes, then gently turn out.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 6 g,
- 40 g,
- 9 g,
- 5 g,
- 255 mg.