This recipe is a breeze – no sautéing or adding ingredients at different stages required. Simply place all the ingredients in the bowl of a slow cooker and give it a stir.
One-pot barbecue chicken
8 servings with 3 cups (750 mL) sauce
- 24 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 envelope dried onion soup mix
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 to 2 tsp Tabasco sauce , optional
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley , coriander or basil (optional)
- Place chicken in bowl of a slow cooker. Sprinkle with soup mix and flour. Stir to evenly mix. Pour barbecue sauce, juice and Tabasco overtop. Stir to evenly mix. Cover and cook on high setting 4 to 5 hours or low setting 6 to 7 hours. Stir in parsley. Spoon into bowls. Great with boiled potatoes or egg noodles. Chicken will keep well, covered and refrigerated, up to 3 days or freeze up to 2 months. Defrost and reheat in the microwave. Or place in a saucepan with a little water and stir often over medium-low heat.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 34.2 g,
- 10.5 g,
- 9.3 g,
- 0.5 g,
- 675 mg.