A jar of salsa and a fresh lime are the base for this speedy chicken dish. Pick your salsa–mild, medium or hot.
This article has not been rated yet.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup salsa
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro , or parsley (optional)
- Using tip of a sharp knife, make shallow slashes in both sides of each breast. Place chicken in a large plastic bag. Pour in 1/2 cup (125 mL) salsa and lime juice. Push meat into salsa mixture. Massage bag to evenly coat chicken. Squeeze out as much air as possible from bag and tightly seal with an elastic band as close to chicken as you can. Place in a bowl and refrigerate 15 minutes as you prepare rest of dinner.
- When ready to barbecue, lightly oil grill and heat to medium. Remove chicken from bag. Pour remaining marinade into a small bowl. Grill with lid closed 6 to 8 minutes. Baste chicken with marinade. Discard remaining marinade. Turn chicken. Continue to grill with lid closed until chicken feels springy when pressed, 6 to 8 more minutes. Serve with remaining salsa overtop or served alongside. Sprinkle with coriander.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 33.1 g,
- 4.8 g,
- 2.2 g,
- 1 g,
- 343 mg.