Classic fast lasagna
- 500 g ground beef , chicken or turkey
- 2 700-mL jars chunky-style tomato-and-basil pasta sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tp freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 375-g box oven-ready lasagna noodle pasta
- 475-g container ricotta
- 340-g up to 400-g pkg shredded Italian cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 500F (260C). Lightly brown beef in a large wide saucepan set over medium-high heat, breaking meat up with a fork, from 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in sauce, salt and pepper.
- Spread 1/2 cup (125 mL) sauce over bottom of a 9×13-inch (3-L) baking dish. Cover with a layer of noodles. Using a tablespoon, drop half of ricotta evenly over noodles. Do not spread. Spoon half of sauce mixture overtop. Sprinkle with a handful of shredded cheese. Add another layer of noodles, ricotta, sauce and cheese. Top with a layer of noodles. Gently press noodles into sauce. Evenly sprinkle with remaining cheese. Lay a piece of foil overtop. Seal shut. Place lasagna in centre of oven and reduce heat to 400F (200C). Bake 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake until lasagna is hot in centre, from 20 to 30 more minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 37.5 g,
- 58.6 g,
- 33.5 g,
- 5.2 g,