Jul 24, 2019Chatelaine
1. Position rack in bottom third of oven, then preheat to 475F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment and brush with 1 tbsp oil.
2. Divide dough into 2 pieces. On a lightly floured counter, roll each into a 1/4-in. thick 9×13-in. oval. Slide dough onto prepared sheets.
3. Reserve 1/2 cup ajvar, then divide and spread remaining ajvar evenly over dough. Toss the veggies with remaining 1 tbsp oil, then divide between dough.
4. Bake, 1 sheet at a time, until crust is golden and toppings are tender, 15 to 16 min.
5. Sprinkle with feta and basil. Cut into slices and serve with reserved ajvar for dipping or drizzling.
Making homemade ajvar is well worth the effort. But if you’re looking for a shortcut, ready-made ajvar is just as delicious and is available at some supermarkets.
To thinly slice zucchini into ribbons, lay at on a work surface, then peel long slices from end to end with a vegetable peeler.
When preparing the pizza crust, if you don’t have a rolling pin, you can gently stretch dough with floured fingers until it measures 9×13 in.