Blue cheese pizza with pears and arugula
This gourmet pizza is sure to impress guests. Best served with mustard sauce.
- 3 tbsp 35% cream
- 4 tsp grainy Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp regular Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp honey
- 2 firm but ripe Bosc pears
- Extra virgin olive oil
- pizza dough , see link below
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 3 cups arugula , plus more for garnish
- 114 g crumbled blue cheese
- Make pizza dough.
- Preheat oven to 500F. Place a large baking sheet in the oven and heat for 45 min.
- Whisk cream with mustards, lemon juice and honey in a medium bowl. Reserve. Cut pears into 1/4-in. slices and toss with 1 tsp olive oil to coat.
- Cut pizza dough into 2 portions. Roll 1 out into an oval and place on a sheet of parchment paper. Trim parchment so it’s just wider than dough. Brush dough with olive oil. Sprinkle with cayenne. Top with half of arugula and drizzle with more olive oil. Top with half of pear slices and half of blue cheese.
- Remove hot baking sheet from oven and quickly transfer pizza and parchment paper onto it. Bake until edges are golden and crisp, 12 to 15 min. Transfer to a platter and garnish with additional arugula if you wish. Repeat with remaining pizza. Serve with mustard sauce.