Regulars at Calories Bakery & Restaurant in Saskatoon are never disappointed by this rich easy-to-make pecan pie.
Kahlua pecan pie
This article has not been rated yet.
- 9-in. pastry crust , homemade or store-bought
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter , at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 2 tbsp Kahlua or coffee liqueur
- 2 tbsp rum
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups halved pecans
- Place rack at lowest level. Preheat oven to 425F (220C). Line a 9-inch (23-cm) pie plate with pastry and crimp edges.
- In a bowl, beat butter with sugar. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing well. Stir in corn syrup, Kahlua, rum and salt. Stir in pecans. Pour into pie shell. Place on bottom rack of oven. Bake for 10 minutes. Without opening door, reduce heat to 325F (160C). Continue baking until centre seems almost set when pie is jiggled, from 12 to 15 minutes. Cool on a rack. Pie will keep well at room temperature for 1 day and can be frozen.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 4.7 g,
- 48 g,
- 26.7 g,
- 1.6 g,
- 285 mg.