Quick Pickled BeetsBy Chatelaine
- 300 g beets , peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Place beets in a glass bowl or jar.
- Combine sugar with vinegar, water and salt in a small saucepan set over medium-high. Boil until sugar is dissolved, 1 min.
- Pour vinegar mixture over beets. Let cool slightly. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hrs, or overnight, before serving.
Use a mandoline to thinly slice beets. If you don’t have one, carefully slice them as thinly as you can with a sharp knife.