Quick Pickled Watermelon RindBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
1 1/4 cups
- 1/2 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup cubed peeled watermelon rind , (3/4-in. cubes; see Kitchen tip)
- 1 tsp gochugaru , (Korean red chili fakes)
- Combine vinegar, sugar and salt in a small saucepan set over medium-high. Boil until sugar is dissolved, about 1 min.
- Combine watermelon rind and gochugaru in a glass bowl or jar. Pour vinegar mixture overtop. Let cool slightly. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hrs, or overnight, before serving.
Use a knife to slice off the green watermelon peel before cutting the white rind into pieces.