Quick Garden PicklesBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
2 1/2 cups
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower florets , cut in bite-sized pieces
- 1 carrot , cut in 1/4-in. rounds
- 1 celery stalk , cut in 1-in. pieces
- 1/4 cup tear drop peppers , (optional), about 35 g
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 4 tsp pickling spice
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- Combine cauliflower, carrot, celery and peppers in a glass bowl or jar.
- Combine vinegar, water, sugar, pickling spice, salt and bay leaves in a medium saucepan set over medium-high. Bring to a boil, 2 to 3 min. Pour over vegetables. Let cool slightly. Cover and refrigerate for at least 24 hrs before serving.
Teardrop peppers add a fun pop of colour to our Garden Pickles, but be warned: They may turn the pickling liquid pink.