Spinach And Artichoke PastaBy Chatelaine
Day five of our five easy weeknight meals made in 40 minutes or less! Toasted panko adds texture and crunch to this savoury, easy pasta dish.
- 250 g spaghetti , pasta
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 small onion , thinly sliced
- 1 142-g pkg baby spinach
- 1 398-ml can artichoke hearts
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/2 250-g brick cream cheese , cubed
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper flake
- 1/3 cup toasted panko , bread crumbs (optional)
- Cook pasta following package directions, 9 to 10 min. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water, then drain pasta and return to pot.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high. Add oil, then onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until just golden, 4 to 5 min. Stir in spinach, artichokes and garlic until spinach starts to wilt, 1 to 2 min.
- Stir in broth, both cheeses and lemon juice. Stir until cheese melts, then add pasta. If pasta seems dry, stir in 1/4 cup reserved pasta water. Stir until coated. (Add remaining 1/4 cup pasta water if needed.) Stir in lemon zest and pepper flakes. Divide between plates. Sprinkle with toasted panko bread crumbs. Top with more Parmigiano-Reggiano, if desired.
Toast panko bread crumbs in a dry frying pan over medium-high until golden brown, 2 to 3 min.