Pasta a la NormaBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
This pasta with eggplant and cherry tomatoes is simple and delicious.
- 1 large eggplant , washed and trimmed
- 3 tbsp olive oil , divided
- 1 tsp salt , divided
- 2 255-g pkgs cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 454-g pkg tortiglioni , or rigatoni pasta
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves , torn
- Grated or shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese , (optional)
- Arrange racks in top and bottom thirds of oven, then preheat to 425F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment. Boil a large pot of water.
- Cut eggplant lengthwise into quarters. Slice each quarter into ¼-in. thick slices. Toss with 2 tbsp oil and 1/2 tsp salt on prepared baking sheets, then arrange in a single layer. Season with pepper.
- Roast in top and bottom thirds of oven, switching sheets halfway, until very golden brown, 22 to 24 min.
- Heat a very large non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Add remaining 1 tbsp oil, then tomatoes and remaining ½ tsp salt. Cook until tomatoes start to soften, 3 to 4 min. Stir in garlic and stir 1 more min. Season with pepper.
- Cook pasta following package directions, 9 to 11 min. Drain then add to sauce along with eggplant, tossing to coat. Divide amongst plates. Sprinkle with basil and cheese.
Make this recipe plant-based by omitting cheese or substituting with a plant-based Parmesan.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 16 g,
- 95 g,
- 13 g,
- 7 g,
- 490 mg.