1. Mix 500 g semolina rimacinata and 230 g water in a bowl until a rough mass has formed. Turn out onto a table or wooden surface and knead for 5 to 7 min, until dough has a smooth elastic feel.
2. Cover in plastic wrap and set aside to rest at room temperature for 1 hr. Cut off a palm-sized piece of dough and roll to 1/8-in. thick.
3. Cut into 1/2-in. wide and 4-in. long strips.
4. Place strip on a 45-degree angle from a thick wooden skewer.
5. Roll each strip around skewer, at a slight angle to create the corkscrew shape. Slide out skewer.
6. Repeat with remaining dough. Dust with flour to prevent sticking and set aside until partially dried, 30 min. Cook for 2 to 3 min in salted, boiling water.
Next up: Busiate with Onion and ’Nduja Ragu
Ready to put your freshly-made busiate to use? Get our Busiate with Onion and ’Nduja Ragu recipe here.